Friday, October 1, 2010

The boy who broke my heart

This summer I learned the name of a certain boy. I would go on to fall in love with that boy, and I would proceed to have my heart broken by that boy. And it all started on facebook. Did I mention, that boy was 2 years old?
July 26, the little boy had disappeared from his campground about 24hrs prior. A friend of mine posted the news report on her facebook wall. His name was Sylar Newton. Something about the boy grabbed my attention. I read through the report, he was being adopted, his biological parents had not been found, he was taken from a tent. I assured myself one of his bio parents took him.
Another day went by and I couldn't get his name out of my head. I decided I would join his facebook page and share with my friends as a way of feeling I did my part. When I looked, I found no page for him. I went on a whim and decided I would make a page for him.
I searched around and there were no good visible pictures of Sylar. Annoyed I searched for his relatives, and found his biological mom. She informed me the news spelled his name Syler but it was really Sylar. She provided good pictures of him. The moment I got a good look at his face, my hear melted. He was truly beautiful in every way.
The next few weeks I would get very involved with it all. I met his aunt, helped create a trust fund for Sylar, and was one of the first people to find out when Sylar's body was found; I wept like a baby over a baby I never met.
A lot more happened, that I cannot quite go into, but lots of people began to shed a light on the hard life Sylar lived with his adoptive family.
Now, no arrests have been made, and Sylar has not even been 100% confirmed ID, but a team of us have made it our mission to create an organization dedicated to preventing child abuse, in memory of Sylar.
Nothing is official yet... We have contacted a lawyer in hopes of getting his pro bono help to gain non profit status. We have been speaking the last few weeks, and he has to get the final thumbs up from his firm pro bono committee, then we will get started. He said it is looking good there.
More to come as I find out! <3 <3 <3 <3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes , Sylar broke my heart too..
It is October now, and still no news..WHY IS NO ONE COVERING HIS STORY,,AND INSISTING ON ANSWERS?

Page views since 2010


View My Stats