Tuesday, July 12, 2011

!!Adventure!!



I and my lovely buddies Lydia and Lexy made an all day trip to Sauvie Island on June 29. It was a pretty hilarious start to the day when Lydia got out of the car and had to use the out house. We all held our breath as we heard her awe struck gawks at the stench, and felt the fear in our hearts that something alive might be in there. But, SHE SURVIVED!!! No animals or anything =-)Well, not in the out house any way!

Let me tell you, I never knew how intimidating bulls were until walking next to one and all the images from "The run of the bulls" went racing through my mind.
We, not so calmly, crept past a big giant black Angus bull. He just friendly mood at us then walked away. Once we were past him, we all laughed with relief. Turns out I wasn't the only one who's heart was racing.
We found a log that we thought was a perfect photo spot, so we used it for just that












After a while we stopped to have a picnic. We had German rolls stuffed with beef. I don't remember the name but they were home made, warm, delicious!
And the mosquitos made a meal out of us :(
Poor lil Lydia got bit right on her eye

We sat and talked for about an hour. Those girls are SO funny!




On our long walk back we passed a big beautiful field. Lexy and I wanted to go explore, but Lydia said she didn't want to. So we left her behind for a few minutes. Turns out Lydia is a pretty smart one!
We wandered a bit and had fun. I lead the way, therefore I was the one who's feet got drenched as I walked right into a big body of water hiding in the grass. Needless to say, we decided it was best to go back to Lydia after that LOL! I had to literally ring my socks out they were SO wet.

We passed the big bulls again, but this time we said hello instead of being nervous. Well, I think Lexy was still a tad nervous.
We came to an opening next to the river, with a little cliff that we sat and hung our legs over and enjoyed the view.

Lexy snapped this shot that I thought was purdy neat.






Our dear Lydia is moving to Kansas for University in just a few days. I am gonna miss that girl so much. We have shared so many adventures in the two short years we've known each other.
I couldn't have asked for a better final adventure before she leave.
Lydy, thanks for the great fun. Miss ya buddy!

No comments:

Page views since 2010


View My Stats